We are here to help. Connect with us below or fill out our short contact form and we’ll get right back to you.
Send a Message
We’re ready to connect with you. Simply fill out the short form below and click submit.
2115 E Sherman Ave. Suite 202 Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Ready to increase your cashflow?
- With an ITEX membership, it’s easy to do. Save your cash. Trade for the personal and business services you need using your ITEX dollars instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have listed some of our most frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, please visit the dedicated FAQ/Help area of our website.
What is Barter?
Bartering is making the exchange of services with a currency other than cash. In a nutshell:
- You provide a service or sell a product to someone on the ITEX barter network.
- They pay you in ITEX dollars.
- You then turn around and find a product or service that will help your business (or your personal life) and then you purchase from them.
- Your account is debited for the amount purchased.
Why do I need Prime Trade NW or ITEX to barter?
The problem with one-on-one trading that you are accustomed to, is that each business owner must need exactly what the other has to offer. Members of Prime Trade NW join a national ITEX barter network. Within this network, everyone trades with everyone else, even if they do not want what the other person has to offer. Trade dollars are credited to your personal ITEX trade account which can then be spent on any item or service needed or wanted across the network.
What about paying taxes on bartered and traded items?
The IRS considers Prime Trade NW / ITEX as the record/bookkeeper for our members. The IRS and States treat trade exchanges just like they would any cash account. Bartering doesn’t exempt you from paying tax, instead is functions as an additional taxable revenue stream available for your business.
Your ITEX account should be treated like you would any other account when doing your taxes. You get monthly accounting statements and are emailed transactions as they happen. At the end of the year, we issue 1099B’s for reporting at the federal level.
How do I get started?
Simply go to the Getting Started area of our site. There you can enter your basic contact information and a member of our staff will then call you to answer any questions you may have. In addition, they will go through your cash flow expenses to find you can benefit (make a sale) from your membership right away.
How much does it cost to be a member of Prime Trade NW?
There is a nominal monthly membership fee of $25 that is due in cash from your chosen bank. You will also pay 6% of all ITEX dollars you traded during that month. If you trade nothing, your transaction fee is $0 and your membership fee is automatically withdrawn at month close.
- You sell a service or product to another ITEX member for $1000.
- You then purchase a service or product within the network for $500
- Your total fees for close that month will break down as follows:
- $25 Monthly Membership Fee
- $60 Transaction Fee for the $1000 purchase (6%)
- $31.20 Transaction Fee for the $500 sale
- Total cash fees for the month: $116.20
- Value of products and services traded: $1500
How does barter help me grow my business?
- You have products or services for sale.
- You try traditional advertising, but don’t yield new customers.
- You place an ad on ITEX and you get a call and convert a prospect into a customer.
- They pay you in ITEX and tell you that they may not have purchased from you if it were a “cash” purchase but because it was ITEX they had low risk and high value in what you were selling.
- You make a new customer that you can maintain with ITEX bartering, or you can convert them to a cash customer.
- They refer you to others, which helps grow your business!